What You Need To Know
- Origin: Juice from the pineapple tree’s fruit.
- Form: Mainly liquid, though there are dried forms.
- Potential Health Benefits:
- Digestive Problems
- Weight Loss
- Women’s health
- Joint Health
- Kidney Health
- Cardiovascular Health
- Reduce Skin Aging / Acne
- Bone growth & maintenance
- High Cholesterol
- Immunity Boost
- Reduced risk of toxic metal poisoning
- Side Effects & Interactions: Always consult with a licensed healthcare provider.
- Research: Click here to see related articles in Google Scholar
- Research: “Nutritional Value and Medicinal Benefits of Pineapple”, International Journal of Nutrition and Food Science
What You Might Want To Know
What Is It About Pineapple Juice?
Pineapple juice tastes good. It ranks at #2 or #3 worldwide in different surveys. It is also good for you.
We can all appreciate that it is easier when the treatment tastes good! Especially when dealing with sick kids (and quite often adults!). A refreshing beverage is far less threatening.
However, to be clear, these benefits apply to unprocessed juice. Processing may change the composition.
Real pineapple juice is packed with helpful nutrients that work together to benefit our health. Noted nutrients include:
- Malic acid
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B1
Whether from folk remedies or recent conventional medical science, there are number of health benefits. Research into nutrition and food as medicine continue to highlight health benefits like:
- Hair & skin
- Coughs and Colds
- Sore throats
- Blood Pressure
- Heart Health
- Reduced instance of degenerative diseases
- Bone health
- Menstrual disorders
- Excessive water retention
- Acute tendon injuries
- Oral health
Researchers have even highlighted the benefit of bromelain for those living with HIV and also suggest potential new uses to combat cancers like colon, esophagus, and stomach because of antioxidants like Vitamin C.
You can enjoy pineapple juice by itself or mix in a few other items to boost the health benefits. Two of our favorites in the Perry household are a squeeze of lime and / or just a sliver of fresh ginger. What a great digestive!
Learn more about the health benefits of ginger!
Additional Information & References
You are in charge of your health. Doing a little extra research will not only let you make better decisions but also empower YOU with knowledge. To help you learn more about pineapple juice let HealthCare Too start you with some links:
Pineapple Juice Products
When you are ready, here are some pineapple juice products that may interest you.